Sunday, August 27, 2017

Drawing error correction (7th): Deformed character

Sarah: Hi there! I’m your guide Sarah from Wiz comics.
Gecka:
I’m Gecka Hiiro,
Wiz Comics’ PR officer/ illustrator.


Sarah:
Another illustration correction again this time!


Gecka:
Remaining one from Mr. Potato.
Let's get on with it! Whoo!



Sarah:
So pretty!! That’s quite a fantasic one.
A girl on a lotus, and full moon in the background.

Gecka:
First, let’s focus on the figure.




Gecka:
About three heads tall again.

Sarah:
Awkward... The vertical grid is bent?!

Gecka:
C'mon.It has to be that way,
and bending poses can happen quite a lot.
Let's go next.

Gecka:
At first look
it might not have been given you an awkward feeling.
But I must say it’s too broad.
It it’s for well built men this width would be rather suitable.

Sarah:
Um, missing ...horizon?
But we can guess from the moon reflecting on water?
Gecka:
Yes, you have reason. But that’s because
you took a guess and found it out from what I told you.



Sarah:
I guess you’re right. This whole image is not very sharp.
Gecka:
Exactly. Contrast has to be a bit higher.
Some parts need more light, some need less light.
Then it’ll get more chances to get positive first impressions.
Check one more time.




Gecka:
Now about water ripples.
If oval shape is not wide enough,
or if you just draw regular circles
then it lacks depth and become plain view drawing.




Sarah:
Now I get what you mean.



Gecka:
Drawing water ripples is a common nuisance to many people.
I believe depth is one of the keys.

So!
I hope I could be of any help.
Try yourself, okay?

Sarah:
Post your request here!

You can reach us through Twitter too.
Bye!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...