Friday, April 7, 2017

Pen Point, Ink and the Care #1


Sarah

Hi, I'm Sarah, your WizComic guide!

How have you all been?


Gecka

"Listen to me Sarah, during my day off,

I went to karaoke with creators I work with,

caughed real bad cold and had real tough time."


サラ Sarah

"Gecka, it's not important story. Let's get down to the main topic."


Gecka

"Here we come!!

the plan, seemed done but it wasn't actually done,

about pen point and other related things!!


Sarah

(what are related things...?)


 Gecka

"First, let me introduce more or less famous pen point.

In other words, I only have pictures of those belonging to me."


G-pen


school pen


mapping pen


Sarah

"I see, many use this pen point."


Gecka

And glass pen."


Sarah

"Wha...do we use such fansy and sensitive thing to draw Manga?!"



 Gecka

"I can't manage it.

In other words, I can't manage to use most of the pens."

 

サラ Sarah

『それはそれで大問題なんじゃ・・・』

"That itself is a big problem..."


 Gecka

"No problem at all, surprisingly many can't use pen point properly.

No doubt it's better to be able to manage many pen points,

but the most important is that it suites your hands.

It's most important not to give pressure to your hands."


Sarah

"I see...that should be right."

(Oh wow...suddenly this person looks decent.)



 Gecka

"Click each one of them, enlarge the image and compare handwritings."

 

Sarah

"I'm embarrassed to say, but I don't get it...

What's the special feature?"


Gecka

"I was waiting for this question.

Let's say these articles are for beginners,

I'll try my best to explain in details by adding my opinions!"


 G-pen

This one is standard pen, but it can be tricky until you get used to it.
"How good you manage the writing pressure" is greatly related
and common for any pen points, but not many can manage immediately.

In the beginning, you can hardly write words,
pen point can get stuck easily,
pen point can open too wide and ink gets stained by putting wrong pressure.

Overall, it's difficult until you get used to it.
But the greatest charm is, you can draw beautiful sharp line once you get used to it.


Many who draw boys' comic use it.
However, I can't recommend to those with strong writing pressure like myself!
Be careful, it can harm your arms before you get used to it!
I suggest you look into getting used to different pen too.

 

Sarah

"Many use G pen because it seems to be royal road,

so I didn't think so at all..."

Even pen point is useful in its own way"



 Gecka

"That's right, even if your favorite Manga creator uses it,

it has no use if you select one that doesn't suit your hands.

In the beginning, it's important to buy and use many different kinds like trial set.

 

So, next is mapping pen"




mapping pen

Standard pen for girls' comic.
I recommend this one for who is good at drawing detailed description which requires less writing pressure.

This one alone allows to draw detailed description such as hair, background, etc.
You can draw lines matching fragile view of it's own world.

However,  drawback is that pen point sometimes won't move as expected.
As long as you understand and manage it, there is nothing to be scared of.



Gecka

"And again, it doesn't suit people with strong writing pressure like myself ...

It makes cracking sound and almost breaks while using."


Sarah

"Delicacy doesn't suit you, Gecka, hahah"



 

 Gecka

"Looks like it's been said smoothly and badly, but I'm going ahead."


school pen

Because it's more difficult to create contrast compared to G pen and Cabra pen,

it's hardly used as main pen.
However, it's realiable pen point for people like myself who has extremely strong writing pressure.


Mainly used for drawing background, but
it may be easier to describe as a pen between G pen and mapping pen.


It's created rather hard, so it won't break easily.
Among all the pens I normally use, it may be only this pen point which form didn't change.

And it may avoid to cause tenosynovitis, for many who is not good at suffer from.
Shoulders are pressurized by controlling writing pressure for using pen points.



Gecka

"This is the pen point I love, my dear school pen.

I've squeezed with G pen, flooded ink,

smashed with mapping pen, fractured with pen point.

It's only one matched...

 

just like "Bruce Willis" and "Jason Statham".

school pen is such like tough guy."

 

Sarah

"Aren't they both bold?"


Gecka

"They're not just bold, they're cool.

This is what makes them cool."


Sarah

"whaaaa..."



Gecka

"Next article is last to introduce pen point."


glass pen


It's more used to write letters by fountain pen lovers,
more than Manga creators.

But some Manga creators use it as main pen,
attracted by warm and thick lines.

It's used differently from iron pen holder.
You can't make knocking sound when you drop the ink.
To begin with, you don't have to drop the ink.
So you have to be careful not to break it.


 Sarah

That makes sense, even I feel like I understood

about types and qualities of pen points.

"So, what about other pens and how do you take care?



Gecka

"This is too long so I'll have to continue in the next article..."


Sarah

"Whaaaaaaat!?"



Next article is "Pen Point, Ink and the Care #2"

Artcicles in the Past


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...